Friday, September 11, 2009

Swag Theif on the Loose


Photo Via ConcreteLoop

Here's a picture of Rihanna partying recently at an event called Fashion is Life. She looks amazing. I lover her shades, her hair, her make up? But who does she remind you of? The answer is: M.I.A.

Recently, I read a blog on Necole Bitchie about an interview FeFe Dobson did in Honey Magazine. The reporter asked her if she felt that Rihanna stole her style. She graciously shrugged it off, and she only said that there are some similarities.

I'm a Rihanna fan. I'm not trying to dog her out. I am simply calling her out. She's not as original as one would think. Think about the fact that Dobson used to be on Def Jam before anyone even knew who RIhanna was. Then, Dobson's dropped and RiRi goes bad. I can't wait to hear what her new album sounds like. Kala?

xoxo

Photo via M.I.A.'s Myspace

1 comments:

D. said...

maybe if she wore a bit more color id think the mia reference. but she steals her swag from so many people it gets hard to keep a running tab. i personally thinks she's getting the bulk of her inspiration from grace jones. big time.

the lack of originality from her is killing me. i can't even look at pictures and compliment her anymore because 1) it's always the same shit 2) she looks like she's TRYING to be original and 3) i can see about 3 women i admire she's stolen from.

i love me some fefe dobson!