Monday, January 11, 2010

M.I.A. Comin' Back With More Power


Don't call it a comeback. After a short-lived retirement,A failed world tour, giving birth, being nominated for an Oscar and not releasing an album since 2007, M.I.A. talks about her new album.
She said this album will be her most honest yet, and since she said she wanted to do country music via her Twitter page, we believe this will be a very different M.I.A. we see in 2010.
The songs will be produced by her usual partners in crime: Diplo, Switch and Blaqstarr. One song even features a collaboration with Filipino Verizon call center employees called, "I'm Down Like Your Internet Connection."
Rolling Stone named M.I.A. one of the most influential artists of the decade. She told them this is her album to accept the fact that she is a musical artist. She said her first two albums just happened and she really didn't identify herself as being a musician.

0 comments: